Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cookies

We just got finished making a giant batch of cookies. We were baking cookies for my work Thanksgiving lunch tomorrow. I wanted to tell the world how great Emma was at helping. She measured, stirred and tasted like a professional. It is so much fun to share something with Emma that both Susan and I enjoy doing so much. I need to thank Susan for helping so much with the cookies this year (and last). With Emma around it isn't quite as easy to just whip up a batch. Somebody has to keep the evening moving along, (bath, evening snack, etc.) and tonight was my turn to do the bath, so Susan did most of the cookie making.

I have been working somewhat diligently on editing pictures, and I will have some ready to post very soon. I have been going through our vacation pictures, which has taken me quite a bit longer than it should have. I had pictures from three cameras to go through, only one left.

Here is the recipe we make every year:

2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar (packed)
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
4 cups flour
5 cups oatmeal (blended to a flour)
24 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 oz. Semi-sweet baking chocolate (finely grated)

Cream Sugar and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl, including grated chocolate. Mix wet and dry ingredients together a little at a time. Mix in chocolate chips. Drop dough onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Cool 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool. Makes 9-10 dozen cookies.